Sayers/s Fountain-Lost but not forgotten.(38).

Late 1880s-Thanks to Mrs. Henrietta Bellenden Sayers gift

In the late 1880s Mrs. Henrietta Bellenden Sayers left £1000- a large sum at that time, for drinking fountains; the Clock Tower ,the first, was installed in Above Bar until 1934, subsequently relocated to Bitterne Park Triangle.The illustration is of the second gift which was located in Floating Bridge Road at the Trams’ Junction-1890 ( east end of Railway Carriage Bridge ) until 1948- it has vanished- where/when?

Advertisements